Do gorillas eat humans? The answer is No; gorillas do not eat humans this is because they are mainly herbivores animals whose diet is mainly composed of vegetation including mainly fruits, bamboo shoot, leaves, stems, pith, back, roots and so much more. Gorillas sometimes supplement their diet with insects, ants and termites and on rare occasions hunt for small monkeys.
Gorillas normally start foraging very early morning until afternoon when they rest with some taking a nap and others grooming, they again restart foraging in the afternoon time until about 7pm in the evening when they build nests to sleep in.
In conclusion, gorillas do not ea humans but can aggressively attack and kill humans if they are disturbed, remember not to offend a gorilla keeping in mind they are strong weighing up to 400 pounds with massive canine teeth stronger than for a lion and a whale.
Gorilla trekking is one of the most interesting activities you should try before departing this earth; this can be done in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park and Mgahinga national park in Uganda, Volcanoes national park in Rwanda and Virunga national park in Congo. During gorilla trekking you will be given an hour to observe a gorilla family in their natural habitat.
What to carry for gorilla trekking
Gorillas live in tropical rainforests found on high elevations, when planning to trek mountain gorillas you will not only need to be physically fit but also come along with gorilla trekking gears like long sleeved clothes, garden gloves, rain coats, insect repellents, warm socks, water proofing hiking boots, rain water and so much more.
Gorilla FAQs & Information
- Why Can’t You Look or Make Eye Contact with a Gorilla?
- Why Silverback Gorillas Fight
- Importance of Mountain Gorillas
- What to do when a gorilla charges on you
- What is The Largest Species of Gorillas?
- What is a Group of Gorillas Called?
- What is the Mountain Gorillas Role in The Ecosystem?
- The Mountain Gorilla Defense Mechanism
- How to Provoke/Annoy a Gorilla
- How Gorillas Greet Each Other
- Do All Gorillas Become Silverbacks?
- Do Gorillas like Humans
- Do gorillas Eat of Kill Their Babies?
- Can you Tame a Gorilla
- Can you Own a Gorilla?
- Do Mountain Gorillas live in Families & Groups?
- How to Protect & Save Mountain Gorillas
- Why Gorillas Are So Strong
- How Many Humans Does it Take to Beat a Gorilla?
- How do you call a Baby Gorilla?
- How Do Gorillas Sleep?
- How Mountain Gorillas Communicate
- The Gorilla Life Cycle
- Do Gorillas drink water?
- Are Gorillas friendly & gentle to humans?
- Why do Apes, Gorillas beat their chest & sound hollow?
- Gorilla Threats: Why Mountain Gorillas were endangered?
- Why were Mountain Gorillas going extinct?
- What is a Silverback Gorilla?
- Gorilla Species: Different Kinds/Types of Gorilla & Breeds
- Mountain Gorilla Diet
- Mountain Gorilla Size, Average Height & Weight Measurements
- Natural Mountain Gorilla Predators
- Mountain Gorilla Population
- Lifespan of Mountain Gorillas
- Mountain Gorilla Natural Habitat
- Mountain Gorilla Conservation Efforts
- Mountain Gorilla Behavior
- How to Survive a Gorilla Attack on Humans
- Are Gorillas Dangerous to the People
- Why are Gorillas Poached in Africa
- How Gorillas Adapt to Rain-forest Environment
- Interesting Facts about Mountain Gorillas in Africa
- Traits, Qualities & Characteristics of Mountain Gorillas
- How Strong is a Silverback Gorilla?
- Best Place to See Mountain Gorillas in Africa
- Uganda Gorilla Families
- Rwanda Gorilla Families
- Congo Gorilla Families
Book your dream safari below.
Do you need to visit multiple destinations or need to customize a trip to match your interests? We are very open to this and are willing to help. Kindly click to inquire below to navigate to the detailed booking page.